Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Blog entry from Denise

Good Karma
March 5, 2010 5:24 pm

One of my New Year’s resolutions was (as many of yours was too) to start becoming more healthy and lose some weight. It has been a hard road as I am sure many of you know. But since joining Jenny Craig and actually losing some weight (23lbs!!) I have found out one valuable fact about myself. I need a coach, someone to help me stay motivated to keep eating the food and doing the exercise in order to reach my goal.
Why am I telling you this, you ask? Well I think it is because we all need support now and then. Some more than others. But you have people around you who are willing to help and you don’t accept that help I think you are acting irrationally at best. For example, we just helped out a young woman who needed someplace to stay so she could catch up on her finances and focus on school. She was very proud and reluctant to accept our help but in the end realized that it was the best and smartest decision she could have made. Hence my blog rant this time.
I think we all need help at one time or another but sometimes our pride gets in the way of our common sense. The next time you are down and out try to swallow that pride for a second and think clearly about your options and rationally about where the help is coming from. In my opinion, if the person offering is a kind soul who has your best interest at heart and no ulterior motives then why not accept the olive branch?? Yes some consideration is necessary when faced with these kinds of situations but in your heart you should be able to find the right answer.
Shoe on the other foot. A random act of kindness is not only good for the Karma bank account but it also just makes you feel good! Maybe you might be the one who has more to offer that poor searching soul than you think?? So try it on either side of the fence and let me know how it all works out for you.

[Denise Solis]