Boys, Kids may not be doneJordan Knight is enjoying the unfinished things in life these days.
Unfinished (JK/eOne Music), Knight’s first solo album in five years, will keep The New Kids on The Block’s lead singer busy while the pop singing group takes a break from its combined tour with Backstreet Boys under the NKOTBSB banner.
That “fast and furious” tour came to the finish line on Sunday night at the John Labatt Centre.
But that doesn’t mean NKOTBSB is over.
“I don’t see this as the last NKOTBSB moment. So I’m not too sad about it. If I knew it was, I would be a little more sad,” Knight said Sunday afternoon backstage at the downtown London arena.
Knight and his fellow New Kids have been New England brothers on- and off-stage for decades.
On the tour, he added a new set of brothers from the Florida-tied Backstreet Boys.
With that tour just hours from seeing its last date, here’s how Knight summed up each member of NKOTBSB for The Free Press. The nine comments, including an amusingly low-key self-assessment, started with the five members of The New Kids on The Block and then moved to The Backstreet Boys:
* Joey McIntyre: "A very creative guy . . . he is definitely in my corner. He's actually pushed me, 'You gotta do this. You gotta do that.'
* Danny Wood: "The kind of guy that keeps everybody grounded. I've always said (that) about Danny.
* Donnie Wahlberg: "The visionary leader of the group. He's the guy with the brain that sees the big picture all the time.
* Jonathan Knight: "Jon's my brother. He's the sweetheart of the group."
* Jordan Knight: "I'm the lead singer." (making air quotation marks)
* Brian Littrell: "Brian seems like the leader of The Backstreet Boys . . . he's a sweet guy, he's a great guy with the fans. He's like the conduit, the connection between the fans and his group."
* Nick Carter: "Nick is the heartthrob."
* A.J. McLean: "A.J. is the talent. He's the voice, the talent. They all have voices, they're all great voices."
* Howie Dorough: "Howie is the sweetheart of the group. He's like the Jon. He's the sweet guy of the group and a great singer and everything else."